Apple has released the iOS 4.3.5 software update for iOS devices. Both iPad 1 and iPad 2 is compatible with this update.
This update fixes security vulnerability associated with certificate validation.
[ Source ]
Should You Update?
How to Update?
You will need the iTunes software to perform this update. You can download a free copy from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/. If you already have it, please make sure your iTunes is Version 10.4 or later. To check:
- [Mac] In the top menu bar select iTunes > About iTunes
- [Windows] In the top menu bar select Help > About iTunes
***Note: There are two sets of instructions below. Perform the “Manual Update” if there are errors doing the updates through iTunes such as repeated failure to download the update file or if you want to download the update file from a location different from the computer you wish to do the update from (e.g. for faster download elsewhere).
Instructions – Update Through iTunes
- Step 1: Open up iTunes.
- Step 2: Connect your iPad to the computer via the provided USB cable.
- Step 3: The above prompt should pop-up (if it does not, select “Check for Update” in the device description box). Select “Download and Update”. And that’s it. The process is automatic from here and might take a while depending on your connection speed as the update file is approximately 600MB. Do not unplug your iPad during this process.
Instructions – Manual Update
- Step 1: Download the correct 4.3.5 Firmware/IPSW file for your iPad model from the direct download links below (provided directly from Apple).
- Step 2: Open up iTunes.
- Step 3: Connect your iPad to the computer via the provided USB cable.
- Step 4: The above prompt should pop-up (if it does not, select “Check for Update” in the device description box). Select “Cancel”
- Step 5:
[Mac] Hold down Option on your keyboard and select “Update”.
[Windows] Hold down Shift on your keyboard and select “Update”.
- Step 6: Browse to where you downloaded the 4.3.5 Firmware/IPSW file and select it. Select “Choose”. The process is automatic from here and might take a while to complete installation.
Still not crystal clear? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll try to help.